Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

New Opportunities!

I decided that I'd share some of my daily life. Since we live a simply, we don't have a lot of expenses. This means that I don't have to work all day at a full time job. This is good because I have Addison's Disease which means that I have very little adrenal function and consequently little energy. Also, who really wants to work full time at sixty!
I have found my poor health has been a great opportunity for me to spend time pursuing my interests and developing my talents. Actually, I have a great time.

For instance, this morning I wrote a poem about how I feel my life has been prepared to accept a new challenge. I have applied to serve a mission for my church. Though I've always wanted to help make the world a better place, I never thought I could do it because of my health, or rather lack of it. I've found out that the internet provides  many opportunities to help others that weren't possible just a few years ago. Even someone like me, who can't leave their home much, can write or do family history work right in my own home. I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment