Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What I Liked about General Woman's Conference

I look forward to twice a year hearing our leaders give messages just for women. What I liked best about this General Woman's Conference is the firm declaration of mission.


It really helped me focus on who I really am - a Daughter of God, and what I can do to make the world a better place. It gives me strength to know
that I have a special mission to influence, uplift, teach, love and serve. It makes me feel proud to be a woman!

I liked hearing that my worth is not based on being young, beautiful and curvy, but my worth is based on being a daughter of God. I will always be loved "no matter what my dress size or age".  These are very comforting words for a woman nearly 65 to hear. I have a lot of love and experience I can share. I don't need to try and maintain some long faded youth.  Personally, though I was prettier, I was a lot dumber. I like being who I am now instead of desperately clinging to the past. I like being reminded that I am needed and there is much for me to do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment