Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

People Testify of God

  • One of the ways we can know that God is real is to read the accounts of others who have seen God.  All the prophets have testified of our Savior. Here are some of their experiences. 
    God, Privilege of Seeing     

     Adam
    Enoch
    Enoch beheld the Son of Man ascend: Moses 7:59 . 

    Abraham
          Abraham, talked with the Lord, face to face: Abr. 3:11 . 
          Lord appeared unto me: Abr. 2:6 .
          
 Jacob
           I have seen God face to face: Gen. 32:30 . 

 Moses
     was afraid to look upon God: Ex. 3:6  
           he saw God face to face, and he talked with him: Moses 1:2 .
  • I saw the Lord; and he stood before my face: Moses 7:4 . 
  • eyes have beheld God … my spiritual eyes: Moses 1:11 .
  • charge the people, lest they break through unto the Lord to gaze: Ex. 19:21 .
    nobles of the children of Israel … saw God: Ex. 24:11 .
    Lord spake unto Moses face to face: Ex. 33:11 .
    With him will I speak mouth to mouth: Num. 12:8 .
    Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face: Deut. 34:10 .
  • people not endure presence of Lord D&C 84:24 
  • Lord … stood in the door of the tabernacle: Num. 12:5 .
  •  God speak to Moses Ex. 20:22 
  • God answers Moses Ex. 19:19
    Israelites testify have seen glory of God and heard His voice Deut. 5:24
  • God speaks to Israelites Deut. 9:10

  • Samson's Parents
    We shall surely die, because we have seen God: Judg. 13:22 .

    Solomon
    Lord … had appeared unto him twice: 1 Kgs. 11:9 .

    Isaiah
    mine eyes have seen … the Lord: Isa. 6:5
  •  Ezekiel
  •   appearance of glory of Lord Ezek. 1:28
  •  Lehi
  •  Lehi sees God on throne  1 Ne. 1:8 
  • Nephi and Jacob (sons on Lehi)
  • Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen: 2 Ne. 11:3-8 . 
King Lamoni
          I have seen my Redeemer: Alma 19:13 . 

Nephites
          they saw a Man descending out of heaven: 3 Ne. 11:8 . 

Ether
          redeemed … therefore ye are brought back into my presence: Ether 3:13 .
          never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created: Ether 3:15 . 
          this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit: Ether 3:16 .
          I have seen Jesus … face to face: Ether 12:39 . 

John the Baptist
         voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved: Matt. 3:17 . ( Mark 9:7 . ) 

  • Stephen
  • I see … the Son of man standing on the right hand: Acts 7:56 . 
  • John the Beloved
  • when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead: Rev. 1:17 . 
  • Joseph Smith 
  • I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description: JS—H 1:17 . we saw him, even on the right hand of God: D&C 76:23 .
    We saw the Lord standing upon the … pulpit: D&C 110:2 .
    God has body of flesh and bones  D&C130:22
  • “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
           “For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that   he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
            “That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the   inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.”
             (D&C 76:19–24.)


There are also prophets and apostles on the earth today. This is their testimony of Christ.
The Living Christ The Testimony of the Apostles
We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.


  • How to See God
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God: Matt. 5:8 . ( 3 Ne. 12:8 . )
    I will love him, and will manifest myself to him: John 14:21 .
    he grants this privilege of seeing: D&C 76:116 to 118 .
    sanctify yourselves … that you shall see him: D&C 88:68 .
    shall see my face and know that I am: D&C 93:1 . 
  • will manifest myself to him: John 14:21 . 
Here are testimonies of Mormon church members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment