Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

How can we rise from the grave?



https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-06-04-we-can-live-with-god-again?lang=eng
A friend asked me how I can believe in the Resurrection. How can I not? She states that bodies decompose after death and that is that. Of course our bodies break down and return to basic elements. It would be a pretty scary (and smelly!) world if this didn't happen.  Personally, I wouldn't want my body to be preserved and just brought back to life. I'm old now. I don't want to be stuck in this aging body forever! What I want is my spirit to return to a new body, an eternal body, one that will not age or decompose. Now that would be good. Spirits can not decompose. You feel the spirits of the people around you all the time. Their spirits either attract or repel you. We've all seen people who are beautiful on the outside, but you are repulsed by their spirit, another person you just immediately trust. Why, because our spirit is sensing their spirit.

I have seen death. One moment you feel them there, then they are gone. The body is there, but they are not there anymore. We call it death when the spirit leaves the body. Even when the body is kept working by machines, you can feel a difference when the spirit leaves. The spirit enables the body to have life on its own, it is what makes you, you.  It is what makes a baby a live being, it is your personality, your thoughts, your feelings, it is you. If you have ever felt someone's presences, you have felt their spirit. The spirit is not physical and therefore can not put in the gave to decompose, but continues to live with other spirits.

I believe that a God who has the power to create this world, can recreate our bodies, make them so they will not be subject to destructive powers, and put our spirits back in them, never to suffer or die again.

No comments:

Post a Comment