Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

God Loves Me

God knows and loves me. Am I sure? Yes!

Listen to what happened to me and you decide. When I became very ill with bronchitis last winter, we knew we needed to move to a desert climate.  I was so ill that I only had the strength to look for a new house for a few days. On the afternoon of the third day, just before we needed to return north to our home, we found the right home.  Not only did it have the things I really needed, but things I had only dreamed of.

To help my bronchitis heal, I needed to avoid dust catchers such as carpet. Except for the bedrooms, the house had laminate and tile floors. I also needed to have a place to visit that was separate from the house heating and cooling system. so I would have minimal exposure to lung irritating perfumes. The garage had been made into a cheerful, large room for her preschool business. It was perfect!

Besides these essentials, the home has a large master suite, a great room, a beautiful well lit kitchen, office, family room, pantry, two guest rooms and even a shady, tree filled yard. There was even a large shed for a workshop for my husband.


Still in a pleasant daze from suddenly going from a 73 year old house to a lovely newer home, we decided to go car shopping. Our old van was 28 years old and not up to the desert heat of St George Utah, or up to pulling a trailer. We had free mornings before we needed to show our old home in the afternoons, so we went truck hunting. To our amazement we found a well cared for used truck with only a few thousand miles on it. Not only was it was low to the ground and had a built in step to make it easier for me to get in and out, but it was a soft lemon yellow, one of my favorite colors.

On a roll and still with mornings to kill, we decided to look for a trailer. Unable to stay in motels due to my health problems, we needed a trailer so we would be able to travel and visit our children and grandchildren. Soon we ran into trouble. I was having trouble breathing around the OSB plywood. We were told that finding a trailer was impossible because they all have it, and I would just have to wait til it aired out. Trying not to get discouraged, we kept looking, then we saw our trailer.  It had the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and eating area that we needed. Besides that, it had lots of airy windows which I love and had been open in a showroom for a year airing out. It also didn't have any OSB plywood in it. I could hardly believe it. It was just what we needed.

Stunned, we found the mirror I wanted for our new house in the shed, a neighbor offered us a basketball standard my husband wanted for a few dollars, and our old van sold in just a couple days.

Do I feel that God knows and loves me? Yes! At first we wondered how we  could ever find a another home that I could live in, much less a  new vehicle and a trailer.  Every whiff of perfume or chemical made me cough. I felt discouraged and couldn't see how I could move to another home, but the Lord made it happen. He knew what I needed to heal and even knew my favorite colors. Do I feel loved? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment